Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 1: Lr. Sackville, NS to Truro, NS

"Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End"

Distance: 90.3 km
Riding Time: 3:59
Average Speed:  22.6 km/h
Max. Speed: 51.5 km/h
# of arseholes yelling out car window: Just 1

Wow! Is all I can say. So far, it still hasn't completely sunk in what I'm up to. Said a sad goodbye to some of my family and my girlfriend last night and today. It was hard to leave, but I knew that what I was doing will be good in the long run, so I shut off my mind and just pedalled.

The cycling is tough with all the weight; I guess like 60+ lbs, but I'm sure I'll get used to it - or die trying... But man, when I took off the bags to get groceries earlier, I was flying! Scotia Pine Campground is alright, but pricey at $30 + for an unserviced site. And then they have the nerve to make you pay for a shower too! For shame.

Things are going well so far though. Met another cyclist, a man from Dartmouth named Bill. He's super laid back and kind of reminds me of a hippie Santa. There are also two other cyclists in the campground, but I haven't talked to them. Oh, on the way here I stopped at Shubenacadie wildlife park. Got some great photos, but I don't have a way to upload anything for the time being...Hopefully soon.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment