Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 8: Campbellton, NB to Val Brillant, Que

Hello..er, I mean Bonjour

Distance: 116.4 kms
Riding Time: 4:13 hrs
Average Speed: 24.6 km/h
Max. Speed: 57.0 km/h

So I'm finally a week into my tip. I'm feeling physically stronger on the bike, more confident on the road and lucky...extremely lucky to be doing this. It is a very weird feeling I have; like I'm in some kind of time warp. The last week flew by, but I've had sooooo many experiences and have made memories that will last a lifetime already. I really wish that my life was always this full.

Tonight I'm in Val-Brillant on the shores of Lac Matapedia. I went over-budget yesterday so I decided to do a little free camping. Found a park, Parc du Bois et Berges that runs adjacent to the lake. It's a nice spot to rest for the night.

Today's riding flew by, but lasted just as long as usual. I had a tailwind that lifted me up out of the valley of Chaleur Bay and despite the rain and the hills I had tons of energy to spare when I arrived, and thought maybe I'd just keep going. However, the winds changed directions and I decided not to do battle today.

General impression of Québec so far: french is hard to speak and understand, and nobody speaks anything else...here at least. And Beer = cheap and everywhere. :)

Bon nuit


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment