Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 5: Shediac, NB to Black River, NB

Unplanned Detours = Bad

Distance: 142.0 km
Riding Time: 5:54 hrs
Average Speed: 24.6 km/h
Max. Speed: 52.0 km/h
# of bloodthirsty dogs sighted: 6+ (They hate cyclists)


Today was hot and muggy. The morning ride was great as the sun wasn't fully up, but after having a lunch break at the Bouctouche sand dunes it started to get quite warm. I inevitably got lost after detouring to see the dunes, but the pictures I got made it worth the extra kms. The beach there is excellent too and I would definitely recommend a visit.

I jumped on the NB-11 hwy after finally figuring out where I was and after getting almost eaten by a rabid German Shepherd on the loose. Luckily I was headed downhill so I outpaced him by a little bit. The highway was good for the most part, with wide shoulders, but these started to become sporadic as I neared Black River and Miramichi.

Looks like it might rain tomorrow.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment