Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 55: Moose Jaw, Sask. to Chaplin, Sask.

That's not a hill

Distance: 87.4 kms
Riding Time: 4:46 hrs
Average Speed: 18.2 km/h
Max. Speed: 40.6 km/h

This morning Shawn and I were offered some breakfast by our campsite neighbors, which we greatfully accepted. Afterwards we got tore down camp and got on the dusty trail by about 11 am.

The ride was long and tedious with lots of stops. Shawn's knee is starting to swell up and he's having a really hard time. So we are planning to take a day off and see if it gets any better. He's a little worried because he's had problems with his MCL in this knee before.

Saskatchewan for the most part is pretty flat with very gentle rolling hills. I realize I run the risk of sounding cocky by saying this, but the hills in this area are really nothing compared to the ones around the North Shore of Lake Superior. I remain patient though, when all I want to do is hit the afterburners. I'm realizing that I can be a pretty impatient guy sometimes and maybe try to push a little too much, but at least if I realize it then I can change it, right?

I'm anxious to get to Calgary because I am motivated to get things started there. I've been looking at jobs and stuff online and there's lots of opportunities there. I plan on getting involved with a community bike center so I can learn more and meet some people when I get there too.

We got to a small town with an even smaller campground, but it's got all we need for $10/night and is completely deserted. Oh, it is has everything...besides bathrooms and showers. Oh well. Tomorrow we'll rest and choose a game plan for the remainder of the trip.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment