Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 57: Chaplin, Sask. to Swift Current, Sask.

Best Restaurant Slogan: Come in to Eat, or We'll Both Starve!

Distance: 91.4 kms
Riding Time: 4:55 hrs
Average Speed: 18.5 km/h
Max. Speed: 48.5 km/h

We got on the move early today because we knew it was suppose to be another hot, dry day. I rigged up my bike with Shawn's BOB trailer so that he could rest his knee a little, so I was carrying about 120 lbs or so of gear. I noticed after a couple hours that my knee was starting to ache a little, which I thought maybe were some sort of sympathy pain, but were more likely due to the extra weight.

In the mid-afternoon, the wind picked up, but we prevailed and eventually made it to a campground in Swift Current. Unfortunately Shawn's knee is no better so in order to prevent further injury he's going to call it quits and take a bus home in the morning. I'm sad because I really wanted him to finish, but now he can rest his knee and I can pick up the pace and get to Calgary this weekend.

Tomorrow, after we get Shawn on the Greyhound, I'll get as far as I can. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment