Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 10: Le Bic, Que. To Riviere-du-Loup, Que.

Always, Remember the Sunscreen

Distance: 97.2 kms
Riding Time: 3:58 hrs
Average Speed: 24.5 km/h
Max. Speed: 67.2 km/h (I’m driving like a Quebecois!)

I did a little sleeping in today on account of the couple beers I enjoyed last night with my wonderful host. When I left at 10 am it was overcast, but soon after it became sunny, then back to dreary and foggy, and in the end the sun prevailed and it was a glorious day.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ride in the sun with the accompanying tailwind, but later as a wonderful red hue started to glow with pain on my arms and neck, I was not so amused. And with my t-shirt and bike gloves, I had probably the most ridiculous looking tan lines ever. Luckily though, there were some very helpful Scottish girls staying at the hostel I am at who suggested using vinegar to bring down the redness. Although I was sceptical, I gave it a try and lo and behold, I now look and smell fantastic!


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through your facebook, so proud to have got a mention as one of those scottish girls! :) This was some epic trip you made! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mairi! I'll definitely be passing on your sunburn remedy to any sucker who will listen ;)

    ReplyDelete