Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 20, 21 and 22: Rest in Pembroke, Ont.`

Summertime, and the living's easy

I really love this cottage. The Ottawa river is gorgeous. There are Great Blue Herons, Mussels everywhere, frogs, geese, ducks, mosquitos (not so great) and the water is warm as bath water. I slept like a log and my aunt cooked a big breakfast. It's funny though, it seems like regardless of how much I eat, I'm always, always hungry. I think I have a problem.

Anyway, it is great to see family, or even a familiar face after 3 weeks almost. Today I did my best impression of a lazy bum and tried not to move around too much. I did work on my bike though and I had to rotate the old tires as the rear one was wearing down to another layer, not meant to be ridden upon; the warning layer I would call it. The front one looks brand new though so now it's in the back.

I'll start my ride through Ontario in a couple days. it will be long and the highway will not be fun, but it will be done. Everybody point your fans west and give me some tailwinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment