Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 26: Sturgeon Falls, Ont to Nairn Center, Ont.

Go where the wind blows!

Distance: 154.0 km
Riding Time: 5:38 hrs
Average Speed: 27.2 km/h
Max. Speed: 52.4 km/h
*Broke 2000 kms today!

As usual the Ont 17 highway was terrible. What I don’t get is that they’ll have about 500 meters of paved shoulder, usually around a corner or up a hill, but then it goes back to nothing. Stupid.

I could have gone further today. Honestly. I felt about an 80 km tired at the end of the day. Thanks to a little tailwind and cool temps I had a very efficient day of riding. The only reason I stopped was because when I went to a store to get water and some grub, the store clerk mentioned that few bikers had camped in an empty lot across the street that was owned by the store owner. So I took the offer and went to get some supper nearby at a restaurant. When I came back I was scoping out a good spot when another guy, lets call him Bob because that was his name, said I could camp on his yard. I thought this was very kind and I didn’t want to refuse although I would have been happy where I was going to camp, so I said yes. At least it wasn’t right off of the highway, I figured. 
     

So here I am, the place is a teensy bit sketchy, but whatev. I’ll probably be dog food for their ferocious little beast who almost ate me when I showed up. Listen to me – I’m so ungrateful.


We’ll see where I wind up tomorrow (If I see it!).


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment