Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 14: Quebec, Que. (Rest day)

There's Nothing Interesting About Resting, Unless You're In Quebec City

Last night’s festivities kept me up rather late so today was a late rise. It rained most of the day and there were some thunder showers too. I mostly just worked on my blog, but at around 5 pm the rain stopped and David, Rafael’s brother took me out to see the old city on bike. It was beautiful – statues everywhere with grad buildings and fountains. They have a citadel just like Halifax and it looks very similar. I sampled some poutine at Ashtons, which is renowned for it’s poutine skills, and then checked out a free Cirque du Soleil show that was held outside, under an overpass. It was ridiculously good and the price couldn’t be better. Tomorrow I’ll head either to Portneuf or Trois Rivieres.

No comments:

Post a Comment