Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 23: Pembroke, Ont. to Mackey, Ont.

It's hard to get started again, once you stop

Distance: 94.5 kms
Riding Time: 3:38 hrs
Average Speed: 25.9 km/h
Max. Speed: 52.4 km/h

I reluctantly left the comforts of my Aunt Carol's and Uncle Patrick's cottage today and set out towards North Bay. My goal was not North Bay as it is near 200 kms away and I am not that ambitious at the moment.

I stayed off the Ont 17 highway until I had to get on it, which was just outside of Petawawa. Going through a couple small towns I managed to get a sweet deal on pizza for lunch: 2 slices of pepperoni and a pop for $3.99!

The 17 isn't all that bad so far. Well, the highway is crap for shoulders, but the majority of drivers are considerate. I met a pretty old french guy on a trip from Vancouver to La Beauce, Que. He was super friendly and I snapped a photo of him. Here's some info on him if you're interested and can understand french: http://www.editionbeauce.com/nouvelles/actualites/14307/jacques-palard-arrivera-en-beauce-a-velo.php

Tomorrow I'm headed for North Bay on the shores of Lake Nipissing.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment