Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 13: L’Islet-sue-Mer, Que. To Quebec, Que.

When In Doubt, Just Call Ten Different People
Distance: 88.1 kms
Riding Time: 3:39 hrs
Average Speed: 24.1 km/h
Max. Speed: 45.0 km/h
Times getting completely lost in Quebec city: 2

It was a beautiful day with sunshine and a great, old city as a destination. In fact, the oldest city in Canada, Quebec celebrated its 403rd birthday this year. The QC-132 highway led me to some great bicycle paths in Levis that travel along the St. Lawrence. I still hadn't managed to find a host for the night after my arrival in Levis, so I began dialing numbers. After taking the ferry into Quebec I found a place to stay just outside of the downtown core. My host tonight, Rafael, is a French head chef and I’m in for a treat with salmon and trout on the menu. Tomorrow I may take a day off to explore and rest my knees, which were hurting badly today.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment