Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 33: Wawa, Ont. To Corner of Hwy 17 & 632


Don’t know when to leave

Distance 142.1 kms
Riding Time: 6:22 hrs
Average Speed: 24.1 km/h
Max. Speed: 54.5 km/h
# of bobcats or lynx spotted crossing the road: 1

I left really late today, so my goal of reaching Marathon at 188 kms away wasn’t looking all that likely. I got to White River (famous for being the place where Winnie the Pooh, the actual bear, was bought by an army company as a mascot) and stopped for a coffee and ended up wasting a bunch of time on the internet when I found a WIFI connection. It was really getting dark when I saw a turn around area with a bathroom and picnic tables and a good woody area to hide a tent; so I set up. Hid my food in an old mining bulldozer that’s on display here, so hopefully bears aren’t familiar with that type of machinery.  

Tomorrow I am going to stop by the campground in Pukaskwa National Park to see if I can find Bob and Lucie, but if not I’ll head further rest around Lake superior.




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment