Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 15: Quebec, Que. To Trois Riviere, Que.

Leaving Late Makes for a Dark Arrival


Distance: 131.7 kms
Riding Time: 5:07 hrs
Average Speed: 25.7 km/h
Max. Speed: 54.2 km/h
 

Well, late nights turn into late mornings and I only got up at around 10 am. I lollygagged for a while and finally got on the road by 2 pm. I decided I would try for Trois Riviere, so I sent some emails to people there on warmshowers and mounted my steed. The ride along the QC-138 highway is pretty flat after Quebec city and I  did the 130 k to Trois Riviere in only 5 hours. It was dark, however, by the time I arrived, but my host, Claudine, is very nice and made me feel welcome. Turns out I’m her first guest from warmshowers!

Anyway, today’s ride was pretty uneventful. The scenery was very pretty at some points and there were some huge churches. Tomorrow I’ll make for Montreal.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment