Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 17: Trois Rivieres, Que. to Montreal, Que.

Au Montreal: A Pretty Cool Band

Distance: 143.9 kms
Riding Time: 6:04 hrs
Average Speed: 23.6 km/h
Max. Speed: 54.7 km/h

Another scenic cruise down the QC 138 highway along the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River. Several sections of the road travelled directly adjacent to the St. Lawrence, which made for some excellent scenery. Not much in the way of big towns - except for Montreal. Regardless, every single town has a church grander than grand. I took some photos of one in Louiseville, which is noted for its bright blue doors.

Montreal's suburbs stretched for kilometers and the roads, unfortunately were not favourable for my non-suspension touring rig loaded with 60+ pounds (yeah I packed too much). Nevertheless, persistance pays and I found myself in a nice part of Montreal near to the Old City.

My host brought me out for a spin on the BIXI rental bikes that can be found everywhere in the city. We got a beer, saw an ABBA impersonator show (it was surrela, in a weird, being teleported to another planet kind of way), and finally got some poutine. There were at least 30 different kinds of poutine at the place we went...ridiculous.

Tomorrow an attempt for Ottawa will be made.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment